Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to some of our most common questions are found below. If you do not see the answer to your question, please contact us.

If I want to donate a gift card, where do I send it?
See Contact for Foundation's address.

What kinds of bills can you help with?
We offer financial assistance for expenses not covered by insurance. Currently, we do this through direct payment to the vender on behalf of the patient (Heat/electric, medical equipment, phone, rent, home/car insurance, hotel exspenses for treatment, etc.). Gas gift cards will be given for treatment travel expenses, gift cards to major food chains (Price Chopper, etc.) for groceries. Gift cards to pharmacies for medical supply needs. The Foundation does not issue funds to be used on non-traditional treatment supplements (herbs, etc.)

How can I apply for financial assistance/a grant?
The financial assistance application can be found here. The grant application can be found here.

What is the maximum amount you can give to a patient/family?
Currently, the maximum amount given is $300 per patient, due to demand on the foundation. $100 per patient for gas assistance per year. By board approval, this limit may be raised in emergency situations up to $500.

Who qualifies for help from your program?
See Qualifications for Assistance.

Can you pay doctors' fees?

No, we can not pay doctor fees or copays.

What if I don't live in New York State? Do I/my family still qualify?
Unfortunately, if you don’t live in or are not being treated in our New York State service area (Oneida, Herkimer, Madison and Onondaga counties), we cannot provide financial assistance.

Print Email